When choosing any beard or hairstyle, you want to take into account your physical attributes.
Diamond faces are usually longer than they are wide, with prominent and wide cheekbones.
If you have a diamond face shape, haircuts that add width to the upper half of your face are the best options for you. This means that you want to avoid styles with short sides, and instead let them grow in.
Unsure of what face shape you have? Check out our free style report and we’ll analyze your face attributes for you and provide a personalized style report.
Pro tips to consider
- Long and medium length hairstyles are really well suited to your face shape
- Allow the sides to grow in, to help add visual width to your forehead and avoid tight fades
- You can use bangs/fringes and layered cuts if you’d like a haircut with a bit more volume
- Consider a beard style, as it will help strength your jawline
General best practices
- Think about how much time you have to devote to a styling your hair on a daily basis. The shorter your hair, the easier it’s going to be to maintain
- Think about the formality level you need for your work. Longer and relaxed styles may not be the best option if you work in a business formal environment (i.e. lawyer, finance or similar)
- If you have a receding hairline, check out our guide to haircuts for receding hairlines when deciding on longer or shorter styles.
Haircuts for men with a diamond face shape infographic: