When choosing any beard or hairstyle, you want to take into account your physical attributes.
Heart shaped faces are widest at the forehead and then taper down to the chin.
If you have a heart shaped face, relaxed hairstyles with natural texture are well suited to you. Your face shape is very versatile for haircuts, and you can often go for either relaxed styles or cleaner lines.
Unsure of what face shape you have? Check out our free style report and we’ll analyze your face attributes for you and provide a personalized style report.
Pro tips to consider
- Longer hairstyles are really well suited to your heart shaped face
- Shorter hairstyles can accentuate the width of your forehead unnecessarily
- If you do go for shorter hair, keep the sides in tight and add more volume on top
- Consider growing a beard as it can help fill in your narrower jawline and add balance to your face
General best practices
- Think about how much time you have to devote to a styling your hair on a daily basis. The shorter your hair, the easier it’s going to be to maintain
- Think about the formality level you need for your work. Longer and relaxed styles may not be the best option if you work in a business formal environment (i.e. lawyer, finance or similar)
- If you have a receding hairline, check out our guide to haircuts for receding hairlines when deciding on longer or shorter styles.
Haircuts for men with a heart face shape infographic: