When choosing any beard or hairstyle, you want to take into account your physical attributes. Oval faces are longer than they are wide with a soft curving jawline.
If you have an ovular face shape, you want to choose a haircut that adds angularity, and potentially a bit of height to the outline of your face.
Unsure of what face shape you have? Check out our style report and we’ll analyze your face for you and provide a personalized style report.
Pro tips to consider
- Haircuts with volume on top are the best options for you to lengthen your face
- Keep the sides short and square and don’t be scared of high and abrupt fades
- Avoid bangs/fringe worn down as they will shorten and round out your face
- If you have a receding hairline, you can ignore this rule as fringe down will help to strengthen your hairline
- Your beard style and haircut are a complimentary pair. Take a look at our beard styles for oval face shapes.
General best practices
- Think about how much time you have to devote to a styling your hair on a daily basis. The shorter your hair, the easier it’s going to be to maintain
- Think about the formality level you need for your work. Longer and relaxed styles may not be the best option if you work in a business formal environment (i.e. lawyer, finance or similar)
- If you have a receding hairline, check out our guide to haircuts for receding hairlines when deciding on longer or shorter styles.