When choosing any beard or hairstyle, you want to take into account your physical attributes.
Round faces are similar in length to width with a rounded jawline.
If you have a round face, you want to choose a haircut that adds height and angularity to your face. These tricks will help to slim down your face and increase the angularity of your jawline, which are both generally sought after features.
Unsure of what face shape you have? Check out our free style report and we’ll analyze your face attributes for you and provide a personalized style report.
Pro tips to consider
- Haircuts with volume on top are your best options as they will help add visual length to your face
- Keep the sides short and square to add angularity and interest
- Avoid bangs/fringe worn down as it will shorten and round your face further
- High and abrupt fades work for your face shape and can help increase the trend level
- A short beard can be super helpful to add further angularity to your jawline as well
General best practices
- Think about how much time you have to devote to a styling your hair on a daily basis. The shorter your hair, the easier it’s going to be to maintain
- Think about the formality level you need for your work. Longer and relaxed styles may not be the best option if you work in a business formal environment (i.e. lawyer, finance or similar)
- If you have a receding hairline, check out our guide to haircuts for receding hairlines when deciding on longer or shorter styles.