When choosing any beard or hairstyle, you want to take into account your physical attributes.
Square faces have a strong jaw with a consistent width across the forehead, cheekbones and jawbone.
If you have a square face shape, haircuts that complement your jawline, without over emphasizing it, are your best options.
Unsure of what face shape you have? Check out our free style report and we’ll analyze your face attributes for you and provide a personalized style report.
Pro tips to consider
- Your face is highly versatile for haircuts due to your strong jaw and cheekbones
- Natural styles of haircuts with relaxed and textured edges are the best options for you
- The buzzcut may be one of your best calls- with your jawline you can pull it off way better than any other face shape
- If you have a receding hairline, you may want to avoid this one as it will expose your hairline more actively
- Your beard style and haircut are a complimentary pair. Take a look at our beard styles for square face shapes.
General best practices
- Think about how much time you have to devote to a styling your hair on a daily basis. The shorter your hair, the easier it’s going to be to maintain
- Think about the formality level you need for your work. Longer and relaxed styles may not be the best option if you work in a business formal environment (i.e. lawyer, finance or similar)
- If you have a receding hairline, check out our guide to haircuts for receding hairlines when deciding on longer or shorter styles.
Haircuts for men with a square face shape infographic