Fitted Technologies Inc. is strongly committed to protecting personal data. This privacy statement describes why and how we collect and use personal data and provides information about individuals’ rights in relation to personal data. It applies to personal data provided to us, both by individuals themselves or by others. We may use personal data provided to us for any of the purposes described in this privacy statement or as otherwise stated at the point of collection.
In this privacy statement, we refer to information about you or information that identifies you as “personal data” or “personal information”. We also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting or storing your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
Fitted Technologies processes personal data for numerous purposes. Our policy is to be transparent about why and how we process personal data. Please see the necessary details below.
Our legal grounds for processing your personal data
Your local law may require us to set out in this privacy statement the legal grounds on which we rely in order to process your personal information. In such cases, we rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses and the legitimate interests of our clients in receiving services from us as part of running their organisation (provided these do not interfere with your rights);
- our legitimate interests in developing and improving our businesses, services and offerings and in developing new Fitted Technologies technologies and offerings (provided these do not interfere with your rights);
- to perform our obligations under a contractual arrangement with you; or
- where no other processing condition is available, if you have agreed to us processing your personal information for the relevant purpose.
Transfers of personal data
If we process your personal information, your personal information may be transferred to and stored outside the country where you are located. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal information.
Where we collect your personal information within the EEA, transfer outside the EEA will be only:
- to a recipient located in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for your personal information; and/or
- under an agreement which satisfies EU requirements for the transfer of personal data to data processors or data controllers outside the EEA, such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
We may share personal data with sub contractors and retained firms where necessary in connection with the purposes described in this privacy statement. For example, when providing services to a client we may share personal information subcontractors in different countries that are involved in providing advice to that client.
Third Party Providers
We may transfer or disclose the personal data we collect to third party contractors, subcontractors, and/or their subsidiaries and affiliates. Third parties support Fitted Technologies in providing its services and help provide, run and manage IT systems. Examples of third party contractors we use are providers of analytics, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and cloud storage services.
We may also disclose personal information under the following circumstances:
- with professional advisers, for example, law firms, as necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights and obtain advice in connection with the running of our business. Personal data may be shared with these advisers as necessary in connection with the services they have been engaged to provide;
- when explicitly requested by you;
- when required to facilitate conferences or events hosted by a third party;
- To law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies and to professional bodies, as required by and/or in accordance with applicable law or regulation.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised persons are provided access to personal information; such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavor to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
Changes to this privacy statement
This privacy statement was last updated on 15th October 2018.
We may update this privacy statement at any time by publishing an updated version here. So you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date above. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to review this privacy statement periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
Your legal rights in relation to personal data
You may have certain rights under your local law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a legal right to:
- obtain confirmation as to whether we process personal data about you, receive a copy of your personal data and obtain certain other information about how and why we process your personal data
- the right to request for your personal data to be amended or rectified where it is inaccurate (for example, if you change your address) and to have incomplete personal data completed
- The right to delete your personal data in the following cases:
- the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed;
- our legal ground for processing is consent, you withdraw consent and we have no other lawful basis for the processing;
- our legal ground for processing is that the processing is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, you object to the processing and we do not have overriding legitimate grounds;
- you object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- your personal data has been unlawfully processed; or
- your personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- The right to restrict personal data processing in the following cases:
- for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of personal data where you contested the accuracy of the personal data;
- your personal data have been unlawfully processed and you request restriction of processing instead of deletion;
- your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed but the personal data is required by you to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- for a period enabling us to verify whether the legitimate grounds relied on by us override your interests where you have objected to processing based on it being necessary for the pursuit of a legitimate interest identified by us.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data in the following cases:
- our legal ground for processing is that the processing is necessary for a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party; or
- our processing is for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to data portability
- The right to receive your personal data provided by you to us and the right to send the data to another organisation (or ask us to do so if technically feasible) where our lawful basis for processing the personal data is consent or necessity for the performance of our contract with you and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- The right to withdraw consent
- Where we process personal data based on consent, individuals have a right to withdraw consent at any time. We do not generally process personal data based on consent (as we can usually rely on another legal basis).
If you have questions or complaints about this privacy statement or the way your personal information is processed, or would like to exercise a legal right in relation to your personal data, please contact us by one of the following means:
Post: PO Box 118, Honey Harbour, ON, Canada P0E 1E0
You may have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator.
Our processing activities
To find out more please go to the sections of this statement that are relevant to you.
Business contacts, subscribers and clients
Collection of personal data
Fitted Technologies processes personal data about contacts and subscribers (existing and potential clients and/or individuals associated with them).
This includes name, employer name, contact title, phone, email and other business contact details. In addition, we may record information about our interactions with contacts.
Use of personal data
Personal data relating to business contacts, subscribers and clients may be used for the following purposes:
- Administering, managing and developing our businesses and services
- This includes:
- managing our relationship with clients;
- developing our businesses and services (such as identifying client needs and improvements in service delivery and learning more about a client relationship opportunity);
- analysing and evaluating the strength of interactions between Fitted Technologies and a contact;
- performing analytics, including producing metrics for Fitted Technologies leadership, such as on trends, relationship maps, sales intelligence and progress against account business goals;
- administering and managing IT systems, websites and applications; and
- hosting or facilitating the hosting of events
- This includes:
- Providing information about Fitted Technologies and its services
- We use client business contact details to provide information that we think will be of interest about Fitted Technologies and its services, in accordance with any permissions required by law. This may include industry updates and insights, other services that may be relevant and invites to events.
- Fitted Technologies may sell or release personal data to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market their products and services only in the circumstance where consent has been obtained.
Personal data will be retained for as long as we have, or need to keep a record of, a relationship with a business contact, which is for the duration of our relationship with a contact or their organisation. Personal data may be held for longer periods where extended retention periods are required by law or regulation and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
This section describes how Fitted Technologies handles personal information collected through the sites on www.fitted.men, www.fitted.tech, www.fitted.fashion, www.fitted.shoes, www.fitted.fitness , as well as any other websites or applications owned and maintained by Fitted Technologies that link to this privacy statement (collectively, “the Websites”).
By using the Websites and providing personal information to us, you acknowledge you have read this privacy statement, and, to the extent your consent is necessary and valid under applicable law, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of such personal information by Fitted Technologies and any third party recipients in accordance with this privacy statement.
Some applications or services may have privacy statements that differ from this one and/or contain additional information as required under local law. Please refer to the privacy statements on the sites you visit in order to understand how they collect and process your data. By accessing any sites available within the Websites or content within them, you (a) acknowledge you will review those Privacy statements and (b) to the extent required under applicable law, consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data as described in those Privacy statements.
Third Party Links
Collection of personal information through the Websites
When you use our Websites, we may collect information about you and your use of the relevant site, including through cookies and analytics tools. We may collect personal information about you, such as your name, job title, company name, address, email address and telephone number, either directly from you or by combining information we collect via the Websites with personal information we collect and maintain through other channels (such as client relationship management systems or identification and access management systems, including IP addresses) or as we may lawfully collect from social media or other third-party sites.
Below are examples of how you may provide personal information to us via Websites:
- searching and browsing for content;
- subscribing to or ordering newsletters and/or publications;
- registering for premium online services;
- participating in “join our mailing list” initiatives;
- participating in bulletin boards, discussion or message forums;
- entering Quick Surveys, Quizzes or Benchmarking Surveys;
- submitting resumes or work history information;
- contacting us for further information;
- visiting our Websites while logged into a social media platform; and/or
- providing us with business cards or other contact information.
We do not intend to collect sensitive information through the Websites unless we are legally required to do so. Examples of sensitive information include race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; genetic data; biometric data; sexual life or sexual orientation; and criminal records. We ask that you do not provide sensitive information of this nature when using the Websites. If you choose to provide sensitive information to us for any reason, the act of doing so constitutes your explicit consent, where such consent is necessary and valid under your local law, for us to collect and use that information in the ways described in this section of this Privacy statement or as described at the point where you choose to disclose this information.
We also do not actively seek demographic information from visitors to the Websites. However, you may choose to provide such information (including for example when becoming a Registered User, visiting our site from a social media site, submitting a resume, or responding to an online job application). If you choose to provide demographic information to us, the act of doing so constitutes your explicit consent, where such consent is necessary and valid under applicable law, for us to collect and use that information in the ways described in this section of the Privacy statement or as described at the point where you choose to disclose this information.
Some pages on the Websites may permit you to send emails to us. Messages sent via the Websites will contain your screen name and email address, as well as any additional information you wish to include in the message.
If you choose to become a Registered User, as part of our style profile service, the registration process you will be asked to provide us with personal information through a registration form. Information we collect may include: your name, email address, country, physical appearance details, a photo of yourself as well as the categories on which you would like to receive style advice . Some of the information is required and, if you do not provide it, you will not be able to register and receive the benefits of being a Registered User (for example, obtaining access to premium content). We have marked with an * those registration fields seeking information that you must provide in order to become a Registered User.
For as long as you are a Registered User, you are responsible for providing us with accurate information about you and for keeping that information up to date. You may update your information by editing your user profile in your Account.
Once you are a Registered User, we may combine the information you give us as part of the registration process with information we collect and/or have previously collected through your use of the Websites (such as articles you read, comments you make). As a Registered User, all of the data you provide as part of registration may be tied back to the information we collect or have previously collected about you through your use of the Websites.
We may also match the information you provide us against third-party data to supplement your user profile. For example, if a third party has additional information related to your email address (such as a social media profile URL or a photo), we may match your email address and activity on the Websites (including activity information collected prior to your becoming a Registered User) against that data and then use the third party data for additional marketing activities.
Use of personal information
When you provide personal information to us through Websites, we may use it for any of the purposes described in this section of the privacy statement or as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection), including:
- to deliver you a personalized style report;
- to help develop and improve our AI stylist product further;
- to administer and manage the Websites, including to confirm and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorised access to restricted areas of the site, premium content, or other services limited to Registered Users;
- to personalise and enrich your browsing experience by displaying content that is more likely to be relevant and of interest to you;
- to sort and analyse user data (such as determining how many users from the same organisation have subscribed to or are using the Websites);
- to determine the company, organisation, institution, or agency that you work for or with which you are otherwise associated;
- to develop our businesses and services;
- to conduct benchmarking and data analysis including, for example, regarding usage of the Websites and demographics analyses of their users;
- to conduct quality and risk management reviews;
- to understand how people use the features and functions of our Websites in order to improve the user experience;
- any other purposes for which you provided the information to Fitted Technologies, including any of the purposes given in the ‘Collection of personal information’ section above.
If you would like to find out more about the different categories of information we collect on the Websites, please review the ‘Collection of personal information’ section.
Registered Users: additional uses of personal information
If you choose to become a Registered User, we may also use your information for the following purposes:
- to tailor the content within our Websites and across Fitted Technologies’ digital properties, including content shown to you, to your preferences and interests;
- to manage our relationship with you or the organisation for which you work (for example, by including personal data we collect about you from your use of the Websites in our customer relationship management systems);
- to provide you with information about us and our services including via personalised marketing messages and/or communications unique to your organisation about our products and services;
- to invite you to attend events, participate in forums, etc.;
- to conduct quality reviews;
- any other purposes for which you provided the information to Fitted Technologies.
Where we are legally required to obtain your explicit consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
If you opt into any subscriptions, you will receive automated emails when content is updated. If you opt into any newsletters, you will receive curated emails known as newsletters. If you select any preferences such as issues, topics, subjects or industries, you may receive email communications related to those self-selected topics.
If you want to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations, you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided within the appropriate area(s) of the Websites or in the relevant communications to you.
If you do not wish to receive emails or marketing communications from us, you can at any time contact us to request that such communications cease. If you wish to unsubscribe or no longer receive only certain communications, please identify such communications in your request.
If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all mailings, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request.
If you are a Registered User, you may deactivate your account at any time via the Registered User section of the Websites. If you deactivate your account on the Websites, you will no longer receive the benefits of being a Registered User. If you choose to deactivate your account, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request.
If you have other registrations with Fitted Technologies, or have provided your information to Fitted Technologies through other means (such as subscribing to newsletter), those registrations will be maintained unless you take specific action to inform us to cease contacting you.
Any user generated content that you may have created before then will not be anonymised following deactivation, nor will it be immediately removed from our systems or records.
Access to data
We are committed to providing reasonable and practical access that allows visitors to the Websites to identify and correct any inaccuracies in the information we collect about them.
When we keep personal information about you, we are responsible for keeping an accurate record of the information that you have submitted to us. We do not assume responsibility for verifying the ongoing accuracy of your personal information. If you are a Registered User, you may update your personal information; to do so, log in using your account credentials and update your information.
If you have questions about the accuracy of identifying information you previously submitted to Fitted Technologies, or want to have outdated information removed, please email email@example.com. When requested, and provided that it is practical and commercially feasible to comply with the request and there is no legal or regulatory need for us to keep the information, we will delete identifying information from current operational systems.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Websites covered by this Privacy statement are not intentionally designed for or directed at children, and our terms and conditions of use require all users to be above the age of majority in their local country. We adhere to laws regarding marketing to children. We never knowingly collect or maintain personal information about individuals under the age of digital consent in their jurisdiction.
Cookies and Beacons
What are cookies?
We utilise cookies, and other online identification technologies such as web beacons, or pixels to provide users with an improved user experience. By using this website or application you consent to the deployment of such identification technologies.
Analytics and site statistics
We also use these technologies to gather usage information and statistics regarding use of the Websites. For example, we collect information about page visits and navigation to determine what articles and topics are of greatest interest and if users are able to find content easily. Likewise, we collect information about which articles and videos are viewed and whether videos are viewed in their entirety to determine what content is of most interest to users. We also use usage information to generate various reports regarding use of the Websites. These reports contain aggregated information about users and do not single out users individually. If you are a Registered User we may also collect information on what specific interests you have, including what articles you have viewed on the site in order to understand what content interests you most.
Information about the cookies used on our Websites can be found below. Individual Fitted Technologies sites may use additional cookies or third-party analytics tools. For more information about the cookies and third-party tools used on individual sites, please review the cookie information on the individual sites you visit.
Measuring effectiveness of our activities
We may utilise online identification technologies from marketing partners, third party sites and social media platforms. These technologies help us measure the efficacy of our marketing and awareness campaigns and to understand how visitors navigate to the Websites from an Fitted Technologies ad. We use these technologies to compile statistics about visitors who interact with the Websites and other Fitted Technologies online content, to gauge the effectiveness of our ads, and to provide more pertinent information to our visitors.
Managing cookies on your device
You can control and manage cookies using your browser. Please note that removing or blocking cookies can impact your user experience and some functionality may no longer be available.
Using your browser to control cookies
Most browsers allow you to view, manage, delete and block cookies for a website. Be aware that if you delete all cookies then any preferences you have set will be lost, including the ability to opt-out from cookies as this function itself requires placement of an opt out cookie on your device. Guidance on how to control cookies for common browsers is linked below.
Managing Analytics cookies
You can opt-out of having your anonymised browsing history within our websites or applications recorded by analytics cookies. We use the following service providers and you can learn more about their privacy policies and how to opt-out of their analytics cookies by clicking on following links:
Google Analytics: https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
The following section explains the types, categories, and purpose of cookies that may be used on the Websites. By using these Websites you consent to the deployment of cookies for the stated purpose. We endeavour to update this statement on a regular basis, although certain 3rd party providers such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Wix, Twitter, YouTube and Medium may use additional cookies which are detailed in their privacy policies.
|uid||This is a Google UserID cookie used to help track users across various portions of the Websites.||Third party, Persistent|
|Google Analytics||__utma||This is one of the four main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. It it used to calculate new and returning visitor statistics. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.||First and third party||2 years|
|Google Analytics||__utmv||Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie was also used for the deprecated _setVar method. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.||Third party, persistent|
|Google Analytics||_gat||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics, according to Google documentation it is used to throttle the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.||First party, Session||1 minute|
|Google Analytics||_gid||This cookie stores a unique user session identifier.||First & Third party, Session||24 hours|
|Google Analytics||_ga||This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to the Websites. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits the website, a new _ga cookie is written with a different unique ID. In most cases, this cookie is used to understand whether a visitor is a single time visitor or a repeat visitor to the Websites and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.||First & Third party, Persistent||2 years|
|Google Analytics||__utmb||This cookie is used to determine new sessions/visits.||First party||30 mins from set/update|
|JSESSIONID||General purpose platform session cookie. It is used to maintain an anonymous user session by the server.||Third party||Until end of session|
|lidc||This cookie is used for routing from Share buttons and ad tags||Third party||1 day|
|bcookie||This cookie is used by LinkedIn for identifying the Browser ID. It is set from LinkedIn share buttons and ad tags.||Third party||1 year|
|bscookie||This cookie is used by LinkedIn to recognize a secure Browser ID.||Third party||1 year|
|BizoID||LinkedIn Ad analytics||Third party||6 months|
|UserMatchHistory||This cookie is used by LinkedIn for advertisement analytics||Third party||6 months|
|YouTube||VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||This cookie tracks viewing of Youtube videos on the website.||Third party, persistent|
|YouTube||SID||This cookie is used by Google in combination with HSID to verify your Google user account, if you have one, and your most recent login time to your Google account.||Third party|
|YouTube||HSID||Used by Google in combination with SID to verify your Google user account, if you have one, and your most recent login time to your Google account.||Third party|
|YouTube||PREF||This cookie is used by Google to set each of its users’ preferred language preferences.||Third party|
|YouTube||NID||Most Google users will have a preferences cookie called ‘NID’ in their browsers. A browser sends this cookie with requests to Google’s sites. The NID cookie contains a unique ID Google uses to remember your preferences and other information, such as your preferred language (e.g. English), how many search results you wish to have shown per page (e.g. 10 or 20), and whether or not you wish to have Google’s SafeSearch filter turned on.||Third party|